Corban University is committed to delivering the highest academic standards with a foundation in the Word of God. We are dedicated to seeing you succeed personally and professionally. Part of that success is finding the right place to earn your degree. Successful candidates for Corban’s Master of Arts in Counseling will:
- Profess faith in Jesus Christ and live a consistent Christian lifestyle.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- Have an earned Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Successfully complete the application essays and admission interviews. The submitted application essays and interviews are factored into the admit score by the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Department.
Submit an online application and $50 application fee. go.corban.edu
2) Application Essays
Answer each of the following questions thoroughly in an essay format. Each essay should consists of at least 2-3 paragraphs.
- Explain how you came to know Jesus as your Savior, provide the scriptural basis for your salvation and describe what in your life indicates that you are walking with the Lord.
- What do you believe are the characteristics necessary for a Christian to be an effective professional counselor?
- How will Corban’s Master of Arts in Counseling help you accomplish your professional and personal goals?
Submit transcripts from any colleges or universities you attended prior to applying at Corban University.
4) Christian Character Reference
The Christian Character Reference Form should be filled out by a pastor or other leader in the church you are currently attending. This should be an individual who is familiar with your Christian walk, professional conduct and potential as a student. The individual should be someone who is not a relative and preferably someone who has known you for at least a year.
5) Professional Reference
The Professional Reference form should be filled out by an individual who is familiar with your professional conduct, potential as a graduate student and your abilities as a counselor. This should be someone who has known you for at least one year and is not a relative. If possible, provide a recommendation from someone who has observed you in a psychology, mental health or related field.
Your Reference Forms, Admissions Essays and Resume may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to Corban University Graduate Admissions.
Submit any hard copy application documents, including transcripts, to:
5000 Deer Park Drive SE
Salem, OR 97317